Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

It's my Birthday!

Turning 24 has been a little bittersweet...

Many years ago, I created an unofficial list of goals and set the accomplish date to today, July 21st 2008 - My 24th birthday. I realized last week as plans for my party were being made that I hadn't accomplished but a rare few of these goals. I couldn't get them done in a week, so I slipped into a state of despair and disappointment. Why wasn't I more pursuant of these goals that seemed to matter so much to me? I still want to acheive them, and in fact the experience of letting myself down has motivated me even more to get them done. So, this year will be a great one. I will make damn sure of it.

I love the even years. They seem brighter somehow. Already, today seems cheerier and the sky bluer than yesterday. I'm sure it's a matter of perception and outlook. Either way, I'm happy where I am.

I know it will be a good year because Korey did something for me that he's never EVER done for me before - he wrote me a song! Here are the lyrics:

lalalalalalalaaaaa
dolaaa eleeeeelela
looo booo mmooooo
dooooooocoooooloooolaaalalalala
I kid you not - straight from his heart, that is. :) I love my Korey and he made sure that this Birthday was perfect. I can't wait to spend this next year with him!

2 comments:

Mark said...

happy birthday, then! Many happy returns.

The Art of Knowing Me said...

Tell Korey not to quit his day job!

Happy Birthday to my favorite gay son!!!